Note: Candidates should note that there are certain changes in the scheme of civil services (main) examination, which have been elucidated in the scheme of examination. There are some other changes also in regard to the choice of language medium in the civil services (main) examination. These may also be noted.
Total Number of Vacancies: 1000
Name of the Services:
1. Indian Administrative Service.
2. Indian Foreign Service.
3. Indian Police Service.
4. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
5. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
6. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
8. Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
9. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
10. Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
11. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
12. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
13. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
14. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
15. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’.
16. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
17. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
18. Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
19. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
20. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
21. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group’B’.
22. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra& Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group’B’.
23. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
24. Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
1. Candidates should scan their photo and signature.
2. Log on to www.upsconline.nic.in.
3. Select on ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’ link and select the IFS Exam link.
4. Select the Part-I Registration link which consists of personal details.
5. After filling up all marked details of Part-I, click on ‘Continue’ button.
6. This will provide you with Registration ID, retain it.
7. To fill up Part-II of Application, Registration Number and Date of Birth must be entered.
8. Fill all marked details in the application form upload photo & signature.
9. A fresh page opens up indicating your Registration Id and showing three options of payments.
10. Click on the radio button corresponding to the choice of your payment and then click on continue.
11. If paying by cash, fresh window opens wherein TRANSACTION Id given by the State Bank of India and Date of Transaction is to be filled in. The transaction Id given by the bank is to be a seven or eight digit numeric character, which is to be filled in the Transaction-Id field.
12. Considering the All India spread of the SBI there is a possibility of writing of Transaction ID on the Pay-in-slip by the bank staff variously as TId – 0012121212 OR J – 0012121212 OR 0012121212 etc. if in eight digits OR AS TId – 001212121 OR J – 001212121 OR 001212121 etc if in seven digits. CANDIDATES are requested to fill in only the last 7 or 8 digits as the case may be, dropping out any alphabet, special character or prefixed zeroes. In above two cases fill in Transaction Id as 12121212 OR 1212121.
13. After filling in Transaction Id and Date of Transaction Click continue. A fresh page opens indicating payment details filled in. After verification Click submit. Fresh page opens intimating submission of payment details and prompting to proceed to complete uploading of Photo and Signature.
14. Candidates opting to pay through Visa/Master Credit/Debit card or State Bank Of India/State Bank Of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank Of Hyderabad/State Bank Of Mysore/State Bank Of Patiala/State Bank Of Travancore Internet Banking facility would be directed to their respective sites and after completing payment process would be directed back intimating payment details and prompted to proceed to complete uploading of Photo and Signature.
15. If the candidate has opted for the fee remission in the Part-I Registration these payment option and pages will not be shown to him and he will be directed to the photograph & signature specimen uploading page.
16 After submission of all the details click on ‘Submit’ button and take the print out of the hard copy of application form and retain it.
Starting Date for Online Application: 05-03-2013
Last Date for Online Application: 04-04-2013
Date of Preliminary Examination: 26-05-2013
Date of Main Examination: September/ October 2013.